After an intense week of online meetings, mentoring, training and working as part of the 8th edition of Ouaga Film Lab, the award ceremony took place online on Saturday 23 September. We are very pleased to announce the winners of this 2023 edition of the prizes donated by our partners:
MEDIENBOARD BERLIN – BRANDENBURG AWARD (Germany): Grant for a 3-months writing residency in Berlin.
- Nadine et Nadia, nous voulons aussi gouverner, documentary project of Evelyne Agli (Benin), produced by Ludovic Agbadjaa – Gazelle Production (Benin)
IDRISSA OUÉDRAOGO AWARD (France): Grant for a writing residency at the Moulin d’Andé, in partnership with the CNC
- Samiya, la saison des amours, fiction project of Ousmane Diagana (Mauritania), produced by Sébastien Tendeng – Impluvium Productions (Senegal)
SUD ÉCRITURE AWARD (Tunisia): Grant for a writing residency.
- En attendant la récolte, fiction project of Sagou Banou (Mali), produced by Sakinatou Seydou Hainikoye – Future Films (Niger)
FIDADOC AWARD (Morocco): Grant for a documentary project development workshop at the Agadir International Documentary Film Festival.
- Nadine er Nadia, nous voulons aussi gouverner, documentary project of Evelyne Agli (Benin), produced by Ludovic Agbadjaa – Gazelle Production (Benin)
LE GROUPE OUEST AWARD (France): Pre-selection of a feature film project for the Annual Selection, the Groupe Ouest’ Francophone author coaching project.
- Sima, fiction project of Azaria Yonli (Burkina Faso), produced by Laurent Bitty – Makoré (Ivory Coast)
WORLD CINEMA FUND – AUDIENCE DESIGN AWARD (Germany): intensive consulting and mentoring to develop a complete audience design strategy for a film project.
- Looking for the Mermaid, documentary project of Yara Costa (Mozambique), produced by Tiny Mungwe – Steps (South Africa)
ATLAS WORKSHOPS BY MARRAKECH INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL AWARD (Morroco): Online consulting with an expert scriptwriter.
- Taddart, documentary project of Rima Kerkebane (Algeria), produced by Aissa Djouamaa – Nouvelle Vague Algérienne (Algeria)
SUD ECRITURE NATIONAL AWARD (Tunisia): Post-production workshop.
- Cirta, documentary project by Saifeddine Chida (Tunisie), produced by Lotfi Achour – A.P.A (Artistes producteurs associés) (Tunisie)
We would like to thank our partners who have made this edition possible, offering the young generation of filmmakers from the African continent the opportunity to continue meeting and creating together. It was a great challenge to do it online and they did it!